View Single Post
Old 25-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
I would also like to add to SilverSurfers post above,
In that the club stands where not club stands at all the 3 (ours being un-offical) where merely forward car parking spots.
More seriously I would also like to point out the very bad Health and Safety aspect of the unmarked or railed off "step" on the tarmac to the side of the pedestrian walk way leading past the supercar queue to the Lexus stand, where my father fell and broke his finger, bruised hand, arm and cut knee, My better half Wanda also fell on the same piece of tarmac further along the same crowded pedestrian walk way and injured her knee while trying to seek medical attention for my father..

St Johns ambulance members attending to my father said they had several calls for similar incidents on the Saturday but nothing was done to rectify this for the Sunday???
In the time my father was being treated I noticed a further 6 people trip on the same piece of walk way..

I did however enjoy my passenger ride in the Merc SLS AMG,.. many thanks to Pierce for the spirited drive..

I would also ask why no one came back to me with regards to offering to drive for you on circuit, I contacted you several times on Facebook in advance so as I could organise insurance and so forth and was told I would receive an answer before the weekend preceding the event, but no one came back to me.. yet you say you only just had enough vehicles? I did notice a nice fiat 500 going round...
Hi Ginola,

I was unaware of the falls (St Johns Ambulance didn't report anything back to us at all as far as i'm aware) More importantly i'm really sorry to hear about the injuries suffered by your father.

It does sound serious if 6 other people fell whilst you were being treated.... If you can let me know who you contacted or alerted to this situation I will personally seek them out.

The Fiat 500 was a bit of an anomaly...I'm not sure how that got out there.... As i don't know your real name I can't check your messages, feel free to PM it to me so I can go back and find out why you weren't contacted.