View Single Post
Old 20-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
Could always buy my 2.35 & turbo
Even though it's a very good price it's a bit beyond my needs or plans!

If I do rebuild I'm looking at a smaller turbo and faster spool, possibly a MD321T or SC46 but on a closed deck 2.5.

It all depends on the state of the engine when I take the heads off, hopefully the bores etc. are all 100% then I can reuse all the main components.

Current thinking if all is well is to get Alyn to do a closed deck insert then rebuild with new seals and bearings, Cosworth stopper HG and the Cosworth high tension 11mm head studs. Adding a head refresh and possible light port & polish if funds allow. I'd downsize the turbo as mentioned above to give a high torque fast spooling road car still around the 450 mark.

If the engine is fubar I'll probably go the 2.1 route on a CDB or break it.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter