View Single Post
Old 31-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
Been a while since I've updated this or really done anything to the car but I've been having symptoms of early stage HG failure for a while now, well basically since Germany. This coupled with a couple of fuel cut type issues have prompted the final admission that the engine has to come out to be looked at.

Plan is to take the engine out myself over the next couple of months then get it off to Alyn as ASPerformance. Hopefully the HG has not caused any other issues (engine runs fine, no white smoke and oil is ok, just bubbling in the header tank and lots of coolant pushed into expansion tank if any boost is used). I'll get a few other jobs done on the car while the block is out being checked but I hope to have it rebuilt with CDB insert s and further uprated head studs along with Cosworth HG's so it can take a bit more boost.
My wagon stayed at Carnetix today with the same HG symptoms
Like you Nick remaining optimistic on possible `other` damage.

Engine coming out to check,then machining etc if diagnosis is correct?

H and I had an eventful return trip courtesy of BR via Melton Morbray,Leicester,St Pancras then home.

Cost of that for 2 singles was £123.80 and the Goverment want us to use public transport more!

Last edited by Bolesroor; 31-07-2014 at 06:00 PM.