View Single Post
Old 31-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
How much of an issue was yours showing, mines only been pushing coolant into the expansion tank, no overflow yet even on the ring, but I did get some very odd behaviour when crushing on light throttle then accelerating the car cut then restarted with a nice loud bang!

Hopefully the engine should be out in the next three weeks - pics to follow.
Coolant in the expansion tank, overflowing causing loss of coolant?Temperature issues when stationary especially after boost but only picked up on longer runs as to and from work gauge showing normal, was topping up weekly,thought it was a leak or similar, no unusual noises or general peformance issues.

Main problem this year is I haven`t used the car very much due to family issues although its been bothering me a lot and I have been keen to get it looked at. Finally today ran up to Carnetix in Melton Morbray for them to check,service mot etc,no traffic issues so straight there bar a quick stop at Peterborough services, car ran sweet at legal speed limits with the odd quirt now and then only when I pulled up at the garage temperature gauge is creeping up rapidly, fans running etc mega bubbling in the expansion tank. Will have confirmation when engine pulled out and will post findings.