View Single Post
Old 30-09-2014, 09:09 PM

Default A Blast on the Goodwood Circuit

Hi folks,

A friend managed to get me the opportunity to spend a day at the Goodwood Circuit today, most of it spent watching others boot a variety of Aston Martins around and some Imprezas in a rally environment, with the possibility however of getting my Scoob a few laps around the circuit at some point.

Fortunately the waiting around paid off, not only squeezing in a few laps but also getting driven around the rally stage (pics below) by a Prodrive rally guy called Richard Clews but also taking a passenger ride in one of the Astons on a few warm up laps (yeah right!) by the Aston indurance driver Darren Turner.

Had an awesome day chatting with a load of the Prodrive guys and taking in endless laps of various spec cars so thought I would share some pics!

These are a selection of pics taken on my camera by me or my not so professional assistant but I also got my hands on the pro's pics should anybody wish to see the sort of cars that were out there.

Arrived nice and early and parked up in bay number 1.

Had no idea these would be the cars for the rally drive, absolute madness!

I was taken out for a spin.

Was then taken off to the rally stage in the woodland on the estate, sadly didn't get a chance to go around.

After a spot of lunch I got track side and told I could go shotgun on a few warm up laps with the pro!

After going around the track at what seemed like hyper speed I was then given the opportunity to put the Scoob through its paces, first getting some pointers from one of the other Aston drivers, then going for it myself.

Of course I went hunting for prey...

Cooling off after a bit more of a pounding then it is used too.

A glimpse down the pit lane