View Single Post
Old 30-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Regular User

Default New Impreza Owner

Hey people!

Found you via riiidaa over on scoobynet, and looking for some local bods!

I bought my 2004 Impreza WRX in the beginning of September and have been enjoying owning a car I can tinker with again! Having owned a 2008 Mondeo for the last 3 years which was pretty much maintenance free motoring! Call me crazy but I love getting my hands dirty and working on cars again!

The car was in need of some serious love when I got her, having had the previous owner do some questionable mods to her and eventually blowing the engine up.

The engine was rebuilt using internals from an STI so she's running pretty sweet now aside from a tiny over boost problem that I'm getting remapped off the car on Friday. (be nice to see a figure on the power as well as I'm told its around 275bhp somewhere)

Things I want to do:

Replace the steering wheel back to standard. I like the idea of having an airbag in a car that scares me at times with how quickly it moves.

Remove the vortex fin things on the top of the car.

Replace/respray the bonnet and remove the bonnet pins (yes they're real not fake stick on jobs) as they're ruining the paint work. Plus the vent is a little chipped.

Repair/replace the front bumper and front wheel arches - The car is lowered with coil overs - while its cool to be low, the previous owner dropped it 75mm and it was rediculously low - clearly shown by the terrible state the bumper is in underneath. She's up to 50mm now and is still too low!

Replace the Pioneer double-din head unit, unless I can get it working properly with my android phone - at the moment when its connected via MHL cable it drops out when the car is moving - I think this is down to a dodgy 12v supply via the cigarette lighter (light is flickering when car is moving)

Remove the fog light covers and put back the standard fog light fixtures.

Loose the hideous guages on the dash and put them somewhere thats not stuck on and rattling around.

Raise the car a further 25mm.

Here's some pics of the beast: