View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Silver Member

Default ASDA Charity Day at Bruntingthorpe on 8th August

Hi guys, hope you're all doing well. Ok, some of you may know that a few of us from the P1WOC have set up another P1-forum. It is called P1OC. However, of course we are still organising the ASDA Charity Day and would love to have you lot with us again. Because quite a few guys are disappointed every year because they can't make it, we decided to start the thread early this year to give you the chance to pencil the date into your calendar. I have just copied my post from last year but I guess most of the things will remain the same. However, as soon as I know more, I will update you guys. Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in August. xxx

ASDA Charity Day will take place at RAF Bruntingthorpe, which is only 45 minutes north of London, on 8th August 2015.

It's awesome fun and one of the best events of the year and all you petrol heads and your families will hugely enjoy this.

This show is NOT open to the public but invite only and last year we raised £53,000 for the chosen charity. Any ideas to raise some more money are more than welcome.

You can take your own car round the track for free as often as you want to, provided you take a passenger along who had paid £5 for donation at the gates (prices tbc)

Accomodation: The Hinckley Island Hotel, where we stayed the past two years on Friday and Saturday was £55 per room per night when you mention that you want to book it for the ASDA Charity DAY. (prices tbc) The quote is "On your marks". http://www.thehotelcollection.co.uk/...eicestershire/

!!!! Attention please: The info below is still to be confirmed and I only copied and pasted it from last year's thread. I'm pretty sure it will all be about the same this year but I'll update this first post as soon as I hear about any changes.

Entrance is actually free for car club members but we would like to ask everybody who is attending for a donation of £10 per pass which I will collect again when I give you your passes and will then hand it over to Chris Buckler. One pass per car, no matter how many people are in it. Passes will be handed out in the hotel or at gate or at Shell garage (LE9 6QD) on Saturday morning.

Food & drinks are excellent and much cheaper than normal shows (no profit).

The pits are full up with every petrol heads dream cars.

Pay £5.00 and jump in any car you like for a fast lap. Lap includes a longggggggg straight and plenty of twisties. There are many gates so there are NO queues.

Lambo's, Ferrari's, All Skylines (up to 1000 bhp), AMG Mercs, TVR's, Corvette's, Evo's, Scoobies and many more.

Air Displays run for much of the day including wing walkers.

Fire Brigade display how they tackle a raging fire. Sirens and the full works putting out a blazing caravan.

You can drive 40 foot artics, hovercrafts and JCB type machines ALL £ 5.00 each.

We will have a template of the tickets so we can print off as many as you guys need.

No queues, ample parking and easy to get to.

(This is classed as a "Private Event". Due the insurance matters regarding rides in cars it can not be advertised to invite the general public)

The list so far:

1. Kerstin and Colin
2. Crowman
3. BigTel
4. Cavey
5. Dingle & Devon
6. Rye
7. Skullfudge & The Brain of Britain
8. Brian P1
9. Krissyb P1
10. Sarah Evo
11. Abbott MENTAL GLANZA
12. Ady
13. p1yob 2 passes
14. Saxon
15. Sp00ks
16. Steve
17. Badger

List for people who offer passenger laps. Many thanks for your kind offer, guys.

1. KrissyB - P1
2. Sarah - Evo
3. Abbott - MENTAL GLANZA
4. Sp00ks - P1
5. Steve (that's if I still have it lol)
6. BigTel (Also includes free childminding for a lap as usual)
7. Brian P1

Last edited by Kerstin; 18-03-2015 at 07:37 AM.