View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Regular User

Default Revs dropping, engine dying when dipping clutch at roundabouts, traffic lights etc.

Hi all,

This might be a familar sounding issue as I've searched the threads and come across this problem with other drivers..

As in the title, when the engine's warmed up (doesn't happen when cold) and I pull up to traffic lights, roundabout etc. and dip the clutch, then revs drop off almost to zero before either suddenly jumping up to 750 where they should be OR dropping off completely and stalling the engine.

I've tried cleaning the MAF which didn't seem to do anything. Then I got a new MAF from Scoobyworld and put that in. I did the simple ECU reset by disconnecting the battery, holding the brake lights on for a while and leaving it overnight.

The issue is still there so two questions:

1. Would that have actually reset the ECU or do I definitely need to do the black/green plugs.

2. Many mention the idle air control valve however I've not found a guide to cleaning it on my particular car. Also, everyone says to change the gasket but I can't find a gasket that says it's compatible with my car..

It's an Impreza Turbo 2000 MY00 saloon

Engine bay looks just like this:

Any help would be much appreciated