View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Well after the dreaded tin worm made an appearance on my rear arch I though it was time to start taking off the side skirt's and inspecting the sills and also the underside.

So gingerly, not knowing what to expect I commenced on the drivers side.

Side Skirt removed and 13 years of grime. The last time these were off was 2002/2003 when they were painted :

Out with the baby wipes for a wipe down and I was very surprised, and happy, with the condition :

The floorpan then had a quick stiff brushing, and again very please with how it was looking. Tony had often commented during MOT how tidy it was and I was surprised how easy it brushed off considering this is one area I have never touched before :

Then a re-application of underseal to make sure it remains water tight and that all damages area's from 'jacking' up/down in the last 13 years are repaired :

I'll now wait for that to go off prior to the top coat of Silver going on, otherwise it can leach through and contaminate the paint.

The sills have slight paint chippage/rust where there are 2 rectangular sections cut out of the sills. As as result of this I think I will apply some stone guard on the lower section of the sill/flange as the final stage.