View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Everyone's an expert.........
I bet if I swapped your tyres while you were not looking, from one premium brand to another you wouldn't notice until the next time you blacked up your sidewalls.

I reckon I could tell the difference on a wet track in the first corner, if you took my eagles away!

I doubt I would notice immediately on the road or in the dry straight away. but the difference from one brand to the next is subtle at the top end, but there is a noticeable difference.

I would + 1 for the Eagle F1 for an all rounder, the last set I finished off lasted brilliantly and put up with a fair bit of track abuse too, Until something better comes along for wet track work I will be sticking with them too.
I have tried the Hankook v12's but only on a classic, they where good, but not anywhere near as good as the Goodyears in the wet, if anything they are super predictable, you know when they are reaching there limits in damp/wet conditions, where lesser tires simply let go.

There are some good tyre reviews online if you hunt around showing breaking distances wet/dry corner speeds/wet/dry etc for lots of tyres, all tested on the same vehicle etc.

I would NEVER fit budget tyres to a performance vehicle, its the biggest single performance upgrade you can do/undo to a car.

Recomending the Eagle F1 for the Newage by the way... It may well be a different kettle of fish in a lighter car (classic for example) that can generate as much heat in the tyre in the wet etc etc.

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.

Last edited by Ginola; 11-07-2015 at 04:37 PM.