View Single Post
Old 17-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Bronze Member

So, I did 5 or 6 laps and came in to cool down. Brakes (OEM) were smoking so I left it for 10-15 mins. Went out for my next run, got to the first corner and the pedal went to the floor! Cue excursion across the grass and to the edge of the gravel. Arse. Spent the next half hour washing/shaking out the kitty litter and got back to the track for the timed session at the end. Took 8 seconds off my practice times but I'm sure there would have been more if I hadn't spent most of the time cleaning up the mess I made...

Put a lap up on YouTube if anyone is interested. I wasn't the fastest (or slowest!) in the session and was getting plenty of understeer, but it was fun all the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtZDqHnBdWw

My fastest time was ahead of an RS4, Mini Cooper, BMW Z4 coupe and Porsche 911, but 23 seconds slower than the mad bike-engined thing that you might spot whooshing past me halfway round.

Brakes will be my next upgrade! How much difference would uprated fluid, braided lines and a brake stopper make to the OEM setup, while I save up for some bigger hardware?