View Single Post
Old 18-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Gold Member

I doubt this incident will close them down, but it's sure to hurt them. In defense of the owner of Scooby Clinic it did seem like he asked to see the tape and it wasn't provided immediately, so I guess it was natural to side with his mechanics rather than the customer. But to start slagging the customer off online was rather unnecessary (and pretty unprofessional).

Sadly - and as Moley says - I have no doubt this isn't an isolated incident. We only see the rare few cases where there was a dash camera present (or where the driver from the garage ends up parking the car in a bush). How many times does this occur where the owner is none the wiser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Under what circumstances do they need to test drive a car for MOT anyway? I thought it was a static inspection only? Never had a car test driven for MOT...
I've had my Subaru tested at three different MOT stations over the years and they have all taken the car on the road to test the brakes: the car has never been out of earshot when they have done that though, so I know they haven't thrashed it!