Thread: Audi S3 Saloon
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Well....new car is ordered.
A5 Sportback 2.0 TFSi Black Edition Plus
230ps
-30mm S-Line Sports Suspension (not a per images)
Alcantara/Leather Interior
Interior Lighting Pack
Storage Pack
Heated Front & Rear Seats
Rotor dished alloys

I ditched the rear camera @ £340 (that I have on the A4), as found it was something else to worry about/look at when manoeuvring. Rather then just listening for the beeps.
Also ditched the folding mirrors as I can do that myself and save £180.
Spent the money on keeping the kids warm with somewhere to store their bits when we go away.

Although I do have to tolerate the A4 soot chucker for a few more months.
The A4 is a great looking car, but every time I drive it I wince at the noise, lack of revs and spikey torque delivery.
I also need to avoid anything else hitting it !!!!!! I think it's cursed !!!!!!!

The damn thing seems to be a magnet.......so far I have had a rock crack screen, insulation board bounce off the front, a rock/FOD hit the passenger door on the M25 which chipped the paint smack in the middle of the door panel and on the way to dealers this weekend I had a fallen tree run one of it's limbs the entire length of the passenger side (thankfully it all machined out).

The new one is a fresh factory order, so I need to wait until May/June for delivery.
Clicked a few snaps of a demo one that happened to turn up as we left.

Got a cracking deal through Carwow, which I highly recommend.
It worked out cheaper than a SEAT Leon Cupra by a fair amount, and the SEAT was on 0% !!!! Go figure.........