View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 09:32 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDLIFE View Post
I know 260bhp in a light car will be a lot of fun, but a 4.6 litre V8 should be in the 300bhp+ bracket.
And what also puts me off is I think westfield derivatives deserve a nice revy/peaky engine not a big engine V8. So would prefer a CVH or pinto variety if I were to go that path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Porsche is where the money needs to be thrown, plus you have an expert in the family.
Although you may of missed the boat as prices are really strong.
I was shocked when we popped into Paragon at the price of some.
Even Targa's that were mega cheap are now commanding strong money.

I say stretch the budget on a Porsche as I reckon the more you stretch the more the return/investment.
They are a little luke warm to drive, but is 'special' enough to make it a toy and it 2+2 which is a real bonus, not a fan of cayman and can see them like a boxter in years to come which still are low value poor man's porches what I don't think with be an appreciating classic.

But put a Gt3 kit in a 996 and ideally one with a 3.6lump v's the 3.4 and its gets interesting such as this one which looks the nuts imo.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-99...AAAOSwnFZXWzkc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
E92 M3

Upper reach of budget and maybe a little beyond high price on spares again but seem to be holding value and it has a really sweet v8
Had been tempted to stretch the budget to 20K which could then be used as a family car but concluded it will never get used as a family car as it will be behind my works van or in the garage and will always end up picking up the keys to the family motor for convenience and less worry about parking up and getting a supermarket ding. So think it needs to be a car that only gets used for sense of occasion/fun.

But some cracking thoughts, and things to think about thanks guys. I'm relaxed about time scales and really can't be doing with driving half way across the country, and think I will just keep window shopping and wait till something comes up reasonably locally that floats my boat and will probably end up being an impulse buy.

Short list now is an Elise S2 with Toyota lump - Cheap to run and maintain, hold value & fun

996 with Gt3 kit, more practical and comfortable, appreciating asset, But could demand some big bills at some point.