View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 01:10 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
That old mx5 turbo you had that would of been spot on lol I should of had that thing of you !!!!
The black one, despite blowing a gasket down to le-man was still the best fun I have on 4 wheels, and was even more fun than the Stage2 Vx220 I had. Despite the hairdresser image, and forced induction Mk1 or Mk2 MX5 is an absolute hoot, yet still have creature comforts and really easy work on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Talking about mx5 i know one pushing 380bhp which might still be forsale if its not sold already .
380 would be insane in a MX5, my Mk2 was running about 240 with a short ratio box and light rear end and RWD it would break traction in 1,2&3 in the dry and pretty much spin up in every gear in the wet if provoked.

If Its still for sale ? would be interest in knowing more, and price. But getting insurance on highly modified cars is a bit tricky for me these days.

I do know of a MINT Mk3 new shape with a turbo conversion running 270bhp for 11K. I've never really cared about what anyone else thinks, but the Mk3 Mx5 is a bit hairdresser which does put me off.