View Single Post
Old 14-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabusMY94 View Post
Some great photos there

Bakkerud was epic in Round 4 yesterday in Hell. The Audi's obviously didn't suit the circuit, but the first clean sweep on his home event reflects Bakkerud's dominance.
Yeah, fantastic drive from Bakkerud and great to see the Focus competitive. When I saw that Bakkerud had gone TQ I was waiting for him to run out of tyres in the finals, but he had the pace right up to the last lap of the weekend: very impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabusMY94 View Post
Had thought that the teams running harder setups were getting the most mileage out of their tyres this season (as you said, Solberg used up all his tyres before the final at Lydden, and his car leans like no one else's....) but the Focus looks more like Solberg's car through the corners; admittedly the Focus looks huge in comparison to the Fiesta and Polo (and even the Audi) so that may be a bit deceiving....
Yeah, the Focus did look to be rolling around a lot but, as you say, it's size makes it harder to directly compare with the other cars.

I was surprised by how soft the OMSE Fiestas were. They didn't look at all stable, which surprised me as OMSE have more experience at Lydden than the majority of the teams.

Solberg has definitely firmed his car up since his first year in the DS3, but it still moves around a hell of a lot! I assume he started with a gravel rally setup and then moved on from there: I wonder if M-Sport have done the same with the Focus which is why it looks so soft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa male View Post
Wow!! I wish I had your talent, these are the best pictures I've seen posted. Wow.
Great write up also
Have a look at the images from ERC24: the two photographers from the site (especially JKR) are ridiculously good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
As above - amazing talent with a camera you have there

Great pics and interesting read
Cheers for the kind words!