View Single Post
Old 21-10-2008, 12:06 PM
worzel

Default Re: East sussex meet 18th oct

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobVXD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone
i wont bother posting sussex meets on here cause the people who will turn up are members on sussex anyway

i can see any time that sussex scoobies is mentioned c,j will had some silly coment (as allway) get over it!
This is what we need to overcome.

I feel exactly the same way about the Surrey meet sometimes. You post an announcement about it on a neighbouring forum and it basically gets ignored.

This forum is not about being a replacement for Sussexscoobies or any of the other counties forums, but is a way of bringing our little corner of England together under one roof. Yes, it is unfortunate that some people were removed from their local forum, but it should not preclude the announcement of something happening with that club. After all, it wan't a members decision to remove those people, and the members may still want to see "those few" turn up still.
Agree totally.

Please don't stop posting the meet on here Tone. This weekend just gone was a complete no for me due to being away. I still intend coming to Sussex meets and attending all county meets when and wherever possible. We are still feeling our way a bit I think and do not want to upset any of the Counties or tread on their toes with regards their clubs meets. As Rob stated, what we are attempting to do is bring the South Easts counties under one roof, which can and will have many benefits for everyone in the future.

One common misconception is that this forum was started because of the "problem" with some of this forums members and Sussex Scoobies. That could not be further from the truth. Martyn and myself have been talking about this forum idea for the last couple of years and we had another big talk about it when we were at Autotuner this year where we represented Sussex Scoobies.

The Sussex members on here have made many friends over the years through meets and the forum. I see absolutely no reason what so ever that we should still not attend our local meet.

Keep up the good work Tone (Moderator and International Peace Keeper ) It IS appreciated.