View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 09:29 PM

A long time planned project has finally come to fruition today, as anyone that tracks these cars will tell you fuel cut is a serious issue due to the daft tank/pickup design, and having had my fair share of experiencing this issue first hand I had to do something about it.

I had bought all the parts for this Job (with the exception of 1 or 2 bits) about 9 months ago but never got round to fitting it all as I knew it would be more than a 1 day operation.

I wanted to go with an under bonnet install as I do not like the idea of having all the fuel setup in the boot along with the potential cabin smell there is the noisy bosh 044 pumps to contend with.

I have to say a thank you to FB tuning for loads of useful advise and a massive massive thankyou to C.J for help with advise, planning and installation of all the kit, not to mention the use of his Garage to work in!

parts fitted:
1.5 litre swirl pot
bosh 044 fuel reg
Fuel lab inline fiter,
Fuel lab FPR, (a different one)
Distribution block,
Parallel fuel rails
braided lines with Goodrich fittings + sleeved fuel rail lines.
Racecar mini washer bottle and pump.

Pics:-

The beginning:- last weekend we trial fitted everything except the rails and lines, with various bits drilled for fitting, lines placed and trimmed cut to size then done up in place to insure everything would fit just so, this also gave us the opportunity to find out if we needed any extra bits! one or two more where required.

This weekend we set about the job of fitting it all!

Manifold off!

Rails on! manifold back again!

with all the lines fed through, brackets made and fitted, pumps and filters mounted, lines fitted! I do need to paint that old bracket

even a dinky washer bottle
All done and fuel pressure set!..

Now to collar FB and hopefully a dry day to tweek the map

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.

Last edited by Ginola; 12-11-2016 at 09:38 PM.