Thread: Black Beauty
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 06:53 PM

It's been nearly 6 months since anything exciting has happened to the Scoob, other then being endlessly covered in road grime and then washed every other weekend! As it is my Birthday on Saturday (nudge) I thought I would treat myself a little early and take it to see Rich at FB Tuning for some tweakage.

Rich wrapped and fitted a full length de-cat downpipe, installed a 3 port boost solenoid and spent an hour or so behind the wheel mapping it and freeing it from its standard tune. Unfortunately the neutral position switch on the gearbox wasn't in the greatest of health and has meant the car is at around 90% of what it can achieve, so I need to replace that and have the map tweaked at some point to unleash the cars full potential.

A pretty pants journey home on the M25 (thanks power lines over the M23!) meant I spent most of my first journey in the now gruntier Scoob at a pretty slow pace, but it certainly feels a lot more punchier and noisier compared to how it did.

Another bonus was being able to test out the seats in Rich's S203 whilst he was busy spannering, tasty car and far too good to see the salty UK roads in winter so he wisely keeps it tucked away.

Rich offered plenty of advice and was happy to assist with anything that needed looking at on the car, top man!

Next job, source and fit the NPS...