View Single Post
Old 20-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Bronze Member

Not been able to do much on this since I've had my first operation... two more to go!!! Anyway I've been looking at the best way to finish off this little monster in a more efficient way which has led to lots of lists.... and who doesn't love a list

In the mean time I've have been tinkering trying to finish the front end.... which led to the making of an undertray and sorting those vile chrome wheels out...

For the undertray I have resorted to plywood becuase we all know that carbon fiber is ugly, heavy and gross .... has nothing to do with it being expensive at all.... so plywood it was.... I actually found a few intresting articles about using plywood in some applications on hill climbs cars.... it centered around the wood built on a frame has a bit more give in it if it bottoms out on undulating road circuits where ground carbon could simply crack it... but anyway...

Template and pics below... ive ordered the rose joints and ally bar to support and adjust angle....

Frame work welded up;

Fitted up just on little strips of metal for now until the fixing bits arrive....

Then we have the wheels.... pretty self explanatory.... silver base, purple and clearcoat...

Last edited by seventune; 21-06-2018 at 12:41 PM.