View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Bronze Member

So while I'm not able to do anything physical for a bit I've turned my attention to the wiring.... as you know I have pulled all looms and wires out the car so none remain. I did chop the interior loom right down but I have decided to remake that as well as the engine harness.... which means there is a lot to consider.... after going through the eve pin outs, assigning in and outputs etc I decided a good idea would be to draw out all the individual circuits before bringing them together.... this has resulted in and engine look and a lighting and interior loom.... So here is what I came up with as a guide to location, volume of wire required and just a visual reference so I can get my head around it.... the example uses here is the lighting loom....

So first off the lighting circuit.... no do bare in mind these are more for visual reference....

Then I decided to scribble a quick top view of the car.... this then allows me to place another sheet of paper over the top to draw in the circuit....

Then on this sheet I can draw in approximate locations of busbars, relays and get a rough idea of the length of wires needed to each circuit..... in this pic is the lighting, power windows and rear screen heater....

This may seem a little long winded but it does provide me with a less confusing veiw of it all.... I then did the same with the ecu engine harness for the syvecs....