Thread: Anybody there?
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2023, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member

Not sure what everyone is expecting really, most of us have invested as much as they want to in their cars so nothing to report, they're getting rarer so fewer new owners coming along asking questions, I'm not going to post photos of my annual oil change and MOT, everyone is busy with work etc, we're all getting older and free time is spent with family. Personally I've spent more money on holidays, the house, garden, vinyl and garden tools in the last 18 months than I've spent on cars and that includes replacing my daily, can post photos of an Audi A4 diesel estate if anyone's interested but dont think there would be much of a response. I think the pandemic has made people realise their are different things they can be doing and people have taken on a lot of new hobbies, I'm happy sat on a beach with a fishing rod or up the Archery field when I'm not out gardening.
As for the roads, traffic and speed cameras, it is what it is, there's ups and downs to living in the UK but work, family and friends make it a lot more appealing to me than anywhere abroad.

Although quiet Facebook does see a little more traffic because 99% of people use it, sharing photos, videos etc is easy, no messing about with file sharing sites and having to copy and paste links, only issue is trying to track down historical posts which is where the forum does work.
SES isn't alone, even huge sites like Scabbynet only get about 10 posts a day, I remember when there used to be about 50 parts for sale posts a day with hundreds across the entire forum. I've just checked P1WOC for the first time in over a month, 14 posts and 9 of them are by the forum owner so hardly active.
It is sad, there is a lot of work gone into this forum by admin and members over the years but unfortunately things move on, I'll certainly continue to check in but won't be posting for the sake of it.

Just my view and fully prepared to be shot down if anyone has a different view, I don't for one minute believe the lack of activity is due to people not being interested, they're just busy doing other things with other priorities.

Shane