Thread: Anybody there?
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2023, 02:32 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Surely it still makes more financial sense to find a bit of a tatty bug STI for cheaper than breaking your 05 STI? I remember that was pretty much stock and very clean, if that's still the case it's gotta be worth more to sell on?
It would make more sense... if I could find a tatty (but suitable) bug STi that wasn't a silly amount! Given how long I have had my car, there is a part of me that thinks using an engine, gearbox etc. that I know the history of is the sensible way to go. It would be a shame to break it though.

I'll be honest I have been so engrossed in part hunting that I haven't committed too much time to looking at donor car(s). Once the fabricator gets stuck in (which I hope will be imminent now we almost have the initial pile of parts), I should have a bit more time to dedicate to part searching.

As frustrating as the increased time frame has been, it has been pretty enjoyable going full nerd on the early Impreza WRCars. Have discovered a lot of (largely useless) facts along the way!