View Single Post
Old 13-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Rest in peace Simon.

its not a stroker kit as such.. in that I didn't buy a kit.. but yes it is a 2.5 crank and custom rods and pistons to suit in an ej22T (closed deck 97mm block with oil squirters).
The block was machined to take the newer crank and I have 14mm WRC spec head studs and the 2nd wildest cams I have ever played with.. lol
I have carrillo rods, je pistons. I went over board really and just went for best of the best..
it is 600+ capable.. cossie baffle plate, baffled sump, cossie cambelt guide, kevlar cambelt, vernier pulleys, cermaic coated headers, turbo is standard fitment but I rotated it anyway..
I don't get oil smoke no.. this engine doesn't use a drop.. yes the oil control rings pass the gudgeon pin inspection holes.. but doesn't appear to be an issue..

as to embarressing - the twin plate clutch is very very loud on this one (os giken) and the cams mean an idle of 1200rpm.. currently I am altering the driveway so it gets parked up on a raised bit of the drive which means diagonally two wheels off the ground spinning or a run up lol.. neighbours love me.

Simon