Thread: Worzels SLaG
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
removed both end casings and the centre one you can tell if its lined up by the two holes on the pulley .so no need to remove .
i beleive the resinator is a issue but as steve is going to try a K&N induction no need to remove
P.s. think simon knows his stuff as 464bhp from a t which is only a 450bhp turbo speaks volumes
And you to having had simon mapp your car a couple of years ago
And yes he is running 416 bhp with a mild mapp on his
Not sure if this is a dig at me or not ? my post certainly wasn't a dig at Simon.
If you must know I recommended Simon and SRR to Worzel if he wanted to keep his ECUTEK License.
I don't give a .... who people go to for a map, even more so now due to reasons discussed in the staff room.

Simon mapped my car about 4 years ago (maybe longer then that), in our lunch hour, we worked at the same place,
He mapped, I drove.
He mapped it as he had the Dataloggit Apexi interface and I hadn't yet got to grips with the interface or spent the extra £200 for Dataloggit (it's a pain in the arse to map on the commander)
It was only a quick map to get it running safe as only had 1 hour for lunch.

The map then needed further timing adjustments due to spikes causing det, leaning out as was running below 10.5AFR at the top.
Not a problem as it was a quick and dirty map and I was quite capable of sorting myself.

I actually chipped Simons's JGM Wagon before Apexi's were the ECU of choice.
Simon later went Link after fitting a DIY intercooler, then Apexi and then Simtek, all self tought.

Simon then left where I work, for reasons I won't go into, and decided to have a stab at full time mapping...the rest is history.

I would of done the same in Simon's situation, and gained alot more mapping experience in the process (many cars can teach you many things, as they don't always do what you expect...like the slag).
However I continued in Engineering and have moved up the ladder there so we have both achieved and both managed to turn a hobby into a business.

Hat's off to Simon.....