View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Default Gutted not the way to start 2010

I have just received the following e-mail, from my brother, whose son Philip is a student learning spanish in Mexico.

To some of you this may be the 1st you have heard so I am sorry if you are shocked.
What we know is that somehow Philip fell from a balcony (presumably) while celebrating News Years Eve.
He is currently in Sharp Hospital Mazatlan, Mexico and is in or going into ICU for a few days to be kept under sedation.
The doctor told me that he has complicated fractures to both legs and that they needed to operate immediately.
It is not thought (at this time) he has a head injury.
The doctor has also mentioned that Philip is in GREAT shock and that there is damage to his spine.
After he has spent sometime in ICU it is intended to explore this injury and repair as necessary.
Obviously with the language difficulties these facts my be incorrect.
The insurance company are in contact with the hospital and are attempting to gain more information about the accident, the injuries and if he will be flown home sooner or after another operation.

If I have any other news I will send another email.

Since receiving this devastating news I have learnt that he fell from the 7th floor

I cant believe this, what a start to 2010.

Time for a prayer, it might help.

Last edited by BIG"E"; 01-01-2010 at 09:06 PM.