View Single Post
Old 29-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Thanks peeps for your interest.
We have just heard that his has had to lose his big toe, due to poor blood circulation. Amazingly Philip seems to be making steady progress, his brain is obviously is not as damaged to the extent that we were told a while ago.
Here is the latest email from my brother:
Just as we were about to sit down to eat last night at about 9pm we got the call that we had been dreading since arriving in Mexico.
It was the hospital telling us that we needed to come to the hospital ASAP as Philip needed us. We left immediately, leaving the lobster thermadore, to go cold. On arrival at the hospital we were told that he was unwilling to go to surgery. After a few minutes of reassurance, he agreed to have his right leg cleaned. An hour later he returned to the room and we set him down for the night. This morning while getting ready to leave for the hospital it happened again - 'Philip wants to talk to you' we quickly get ready and rushed to the hospital. I entered his room and asked 'What's the matter Phil ?' He casually replied 'I'm bored' - I could have hugged him I was so happy - but us British are made of sterner stuff than that - Aren't we ? Today there is again some improvement and he has enjoyed listening and doing his best to talk with friends and relatives using SKYPE. At this moment he is having a long session of physio therapy and appears to be doing well. Mum has giving him a haircut and a beard trim so he looks more like him old self. After Physio he knows we have some spit chicken waiting for him, so I won't be surprised that in a few seconds the nurse will be thrown out and Phil will demand his scoff. All in all today has been great.