View Single Post
Old 21-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
you have to have a fire extinguisher??

and whats the law on the spare bulbs malarky - what if you've got an HID kit on the car? and i assume its not every bulb required (fogs etc) - just the main lights?
Because I drive in europe alot. I just make sure that I am covered no matter what police force stops me. Touch wood this has never happened.
(Driven in Germany and Italy this past week for example)

And if you have that little list I mentioned it means you are covered.
It all seems to vary a touch from country to country.

For example -
A first aid kit has to be carried by law in Germany but not in all countries.
Fire extinigisher is a legality in Belgium and not in Germany.
The one that people can catch you out on is keeping the high vis vests in the boot - certain police, the french especialy from memory can do you if they are not within reach or visible.
Winter tyres not a legal requirement in Germany. But if you hold up traffic, get stuck you can get fined. If you have an accident and you have summer tyres on then insurence is usually invalid. Cross the boarder to Austria winter tyres are a legal requirement from November the 1st...ect etc etc.

Again it varies but in certain places Every spare bulb is required. I have a kit in car which I dont touch which has every spare bulb in it. I buy bulbs as and when I need them if they blow.

You need Euro plates or a GB sticker. But only a Euro plate on the back is required in most places. But I got both mine done to be safe

I also have snow chains in the car as well

Anyone want to stick up a pic of how they have stuck the light deflectors on their morrettes. As I will need to mine in April. :thumb:

Last edited by brightonmunich; 21-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.