View Single Post
Old 15-03-2010, 03:24 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy B View Post
I absolutley love my scoob, it is such fun to drive and get loads of attention (mainly dure to having a back box with no baffels!!) I love the sound of the flat four and the dumpvalve which is so loud I have see mothers cluch their children as I change gear going past them. Only thing is I have had it for 2 years now and fancy a bit of a change, part of me thinks i'm mental for even concidering it as I have a 2004 new age with 49K miles on the clock and FSH and I'm looking at paying another 4 or 5K to get an M3 of the same age with more miles on it. i think I will have to have a long hard think about this one!
Guy, there are as you will see in this thread, many pro's and cons for either car. And it's about what floats your boat. Robs last long reply really sums it all up beautifully really.

The sound a scoob makes is awsome, thats the icing you get on the cake with a scooby. But like Rob, I actually think the M3 rasp is a beautiful noise too. Once you flick the sport button and take the DSC of and into most severe gear change it really is a wonderful thing. And the blip thats inserted in there in the down change is a proper sexy thing.

The truth of the matter is, you won't be un-happy which ever way you go. You will miss the savagery of the scooby if you got an M3, but as Rob says you know it's the M3 is fast but somehow it doesn't feel it. I'll give you an example, I was cruising back from Crawley this morning, in 6th at about 2800rpm, glanced at the clock and was just under 80mph I thought I was cruising at about 60. The M3 is also a very nice palce to be, lovely cockpit and genuinely classy inside.

But for good old fashioned fun, enjoying the twisties, making some wonderful noises the scoob does win it hands down.

It's a classic 6 of one and half a dozen of another.