View Single Post
Old 15-03-2010, 04:32 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Default A few 'improvements' now finished!!!

Well, after 3 weeks off the road to refurb the wheels and detail it, its finished. The only thing that hasn't been done is the eibachs, as the place i was getting them from had a delay in getting 06> ones. Anyway, apologies for the amount of photos. but i'm well pleased with it!

Wheels being prep'd. They were sanded, any kerb damage was ground down, primed, and then given 3 base coats and a couple of coats of laquer. It was b****y smelly!

Some strange bloke painting them (apologies for the fleece!!) . Fortunately a good mate had all the proper equipment which made life easier.

While the wheels were off the car, the arches and calipers were cleaned

Then, with the wheels back on, and a nice sunday, it was time to start the detail. Over the winter the dreaded swirls were back. I haven't got a machine polisher so everything had to be done by hand.

Firstly it was snow foamed using meguirs hyper wash.

Then rinsed and washed using a polished bliss lambswool mitt, 2 buckets and Meguires Gold class shampoo. Rinsed and then clayed.

Considering it was clayed at the end of the summer, I couldnt believe the c**p that came off of it

I then Washed it again, dried it using a luxury drying towel again from polished bliss and set to work polishing and sealing it using some of this little lot!

Gotta say, anyone with a dark colour, try Blackfire diamond polish followed by Blackfire paint protection. Really easy to use and I think the finish speaks for itself.

Some reflections

and with the new wheels...

Last edited by Lucky; 15-03-2010 at 04:35 PM.