View Single Post
Old 15-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Nige

RobEvo5
I also think the later EVO’s all look more of less the same whether it be a EVO7,8or 9. But at least Subaru made some effort to change the style of scoobs throughout the generations, and the Hawkeye for me is a far more modern car than say and EVO8 or 9. 2006 Hawkeye STI circa 12K, 2006 EVO9 depending on derivative circa 18K
I’d always have both and enjoy both, but apart from AYC the scoob wins on every other level.
Oi Bug, Blob & Hawkeye all the same apart from lights Visually. Same with the Evo's there again you could look at that as a positive thing why change them if there selling well. One big bonus for me is when i go out in my Evo i dont see another one, and i love to see the Scoob drivers scowling at me . I do love winding them up by giving them a little wave or something similar. Your right Rob the ride in an Evo is not as good as a Scoob Especially mine. When i get it back it will be even worse & ive paid to do that. It woud not be possible if it was my every day car though. I bought the Evo having only been in it for less than 9mins thats how much of an impression it made on me. Driving it back from Doncaster some months later i thought i had made a big mistake Evo's & motorways dont mix. If anyone thinks there Scooby is bad on juice dont buy an Evo. Once i got on the A21 i could then smile again it really handles. There is a difference between them Scoobs for everything Evo's for track use & even then only certain Evo's. Just to through a spanner in to the works i would be very tempted by an M3 supercharged 480bhp with Ex tc suspension & Ap 6 Potts