View Single Post
Old 15-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Crowman

Wow this thread has moved on.
I have to add my opinions as have now driven the M3 for a few months.
I am comparing a 45k BMW to my somewhat tired scoob.
The M3 I love, it’s the most exciting car I have driven and the reason why is its rear wheel drive, with all the tricks switched off, and in full sports aggressive setting it has to be treated with respect, its keeps you on your toes big time.
Around the twisties it does feel heavy, and as Steve said almost a little boaty, this will be sorted by Eibachs and Geometry this month.
My scoob, dare I say it, is much easier to drive fast, probably as I am inexperienced in RWD.
The scoob without a doubt came into its own around the twistys in Germany, and I will miss that, but my scoob was not suited to the ring at all, mainly due to tired shocks and inefficient brakes, hence why I am looking forward to taking the M3 out there.
I am saving my pennies for the supercharger kit, 5k fitted gives you 485bhp and instant delivery, no lag and somewhere around 185mph.
M3=Out the box fantastic, will be tuned and used for the odd track day
My Classic=Tired and being retired to shows and events

What I will say is if I had a newer scoob like Steves or the one Nigel had I would be taking it to Germany as they are both much sorted cars.

Lastly I actually think the M3 has a sole, trouble is it’s called Hanz, has an odd moustache and smells of boiled onions