View Single Post
Old 15-03-2010, 08:08 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

What a great thread. Cant help but agree with alot of points.

I quite regularly drive 'better' cars than mine. Some german, some with a fair bit more bhp and if you had to choose between these and my subaru to get to the south of france, they would be more tempting, but......... what is it with these scoobs?. Mine, to this day, after 4 years (and a few tweaks), still surprises me regularly with how utterly b****y brilliant it is when pushed. Nothing else makes a noise like it, and it humbles cars that cost 4 times more - and i think that is it - It simply shouldn't be that quick for that little money. I remember test driving a new golf GTi and a new R32 at the begining of 2006 when I had my old 2004 wrx. It was a totally standard car, and the R32 had a fair bit more power, but the golf just didnt have that manic, mad feeling about it, hence getting the STi.

You guys are right. The ideal situation is to own both. A subaru and a fast geman car............. preferably an R8!!.