View Single Post
Old 16-03-2010, 08:14 AM
worzel

With regards the looks of the Scooby V Evo, I agree that up to the STi10, Subaru did make a prettier car but by god they went wrong with the 10 where as the Evo 10 is without doubt in it FQ range a very nice car to look at. So hands up on that one.

The only thing I feel is wrong with Niges comment about Cosworth giving his Evo soul is the fact he would need to tell people about the Cosworth part of it or have a badge to shout it out loud. IMHO the Cosworth bits do not give it soul. It makes it a very very good car though and thats the thing about Evo's for me, as Niges will no doubt prove in the coming months when we are struggling like buggery to keep up with him.

They are absolutely fantastic pieces of machinery, but no matter what you do to them, they will always be that, fantastic machines.

The M3 Supercharger and Coilovers set up at about 7k I believe(Martyn will confirm) will give you a stonking bit of kit. I have to admit, If I hadn't spent as much as I did on the scooby in the last couple of years, I would seriously consider this. But on the flip side to this comment is the fact I actually enjoy driving the M3 almost normally. I do always hit the sport button etc, but that doesn't mean I fly around everywhere. It's a lovely car to drive slowly too, if that makes sense. Would I be comromising the comfort it has now?

The point that Steve makes is so true of both Scoobs and Evo's (but mostly Scoobs). There is nothing out there that gives you this much grunt and practicality for this kind of money. They are truelly superb for that.