View Single Post
Old 30-03-2010, 02:20 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post
As has already been mentioned, it's hard to diagnose a noise over a forum, really need to hear it to say if it's a problem noise or not. Has it been into your main dealer down there? If so do you know what they have done?

Thats the confusing bit buddy. The garage I bought it from say it's been into Frosts at Newhaven, who apparantly replaced a couple of pipes, thinking this was what was causing it. I then picked the car up, but its exactly the same, so to satisfy my own curiosity I took it to frosts myself. A mechanic listened, said he thought it could be the turbo, but without further investigation, couldn't be sure (fair enough). Now apparantly, it has been back to frosts, and nothing wrong?. Thinking of taking it to another VX dealer to get a second opinion tho. It just worries me when a mechanic says it definately isnt right, and then all of a sudden its fine.

The only saving grace is that it is under warranty, so I guess I'll have to keep driving it and see if it gets any worse. Its just not something you need when you have laid out £8k for a new car.