View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
You a general rally fan then? I get to as many as possible - been going to Wales Rally GB for over 10 years, plus Sunseeker and Tempest more recently as well
Absolutely! I've never actually been to Rally GB though, which is annoying as it was watching the RAC rally on TV many years ago that first got me interested in the sport in the first place.

I only got my driving licence a couple of years ago, so it was only then that travelling to Wales for the rally became an option. Problem is I'm not that interested in the cars that are competing now, so I'm not that inclined to make the journey. I'd much rather go to events like the Sunseeker and Tempest as you get to see a huge range of ex-WRC machinery, lots of classics and you don't pay through the nose to spectate.

I'd love to make the journey to Finland for the WRC (perhaps in a couple of years when the S2000 cars get up to speed) but, in the meantime, I'm hoping to get out to Ireland to check out a tarmac event out there. The range of WRC cars in Ireland in unbelievable!