View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 10:14 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Is this an on ya lap thing or do you need to clamp/bolt it down to a table.
You can use it on your lap and the force feedback still does work, but doesn't somehow feel right or the same as being clamped to a table. My coffee table is a little low, and not a perfect drivingposition, but just about OK to use with the pedals under it. The clamp system really works well.

Ironic thing is when I first got it, I was running it on batteries and thought there was little feedback from the wheel, but still fairly impressed. Then I plugged in the mains and the thing really came to life. It needs the mains power to use the motors in the wheel.

If you let you of the wheel when you have a crash it will steer left and right on its on just the same as you wold expect. In normal driving It really does tug and pull against you, and you can feel it all going light when you start to oversteer. The feedback is good enough to make to you take things allot more gently in and out of corners, and be allot less aggresive with your steering. And I won't play any car game now unless I'm in full manual mode, using the flappy paddles is a joy.

Only aids I leave on are Traction control and sometimes stability control. Trying to drive some of the americal muscle cars without traction control is impossible.