View Single Post
Old 27-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Bronze Member

Went back to CPA on Friday for the Grand Finale!

Last minute purchase with the Systec 290ltr Motorsport pump just to be sure. I feel a Bosch044 but hey ho you lives and you learns!

Didn’t go quite as planned, the pump and injectors were delivered to my home address instead of work so no one was there to sign for them. Meant to leave at 05.30 for Bristol to avoid rush hour and get some breakfast on the way but the parcel ended up back at the PO Depot. So I had to drive over there and wait till 7am to pick the parcel up and then got stuck in the morning rush hour, got to CPA about 2 hours later than planned (and still hungry) and they got cracking right away.

Trumpet would not fit do had to use the MAF tube and block off the MAF port and remove the gauze for now. Injectors in and fuel pump in and after a quick road test I was on my way to Bob’s an hour later than planned. Then got pulled over by undercover police and warned about my number plates and given a producer! Then got to Bob’s about an hour and a half late, therefore didn’t have time to set up the LC or the ALS and the loom for the Wideband sensor had not arrived so no wideband just yet either! But got the Cal switch in and got the main map done which was priority number 1.

The car pulls really hard right into the red! Loads or torque and definitely feels mid 400bhp-ish. Boost is 1.85bar dropping slightly top end to 1.7bar and sounds AWESOME coming off boost!!! I was going to take a vid but I wanted to do one with the ALS and LC on really… The clutch slipped a smidge on one of the final in 4th runs but hasn’t slipped since so I’m hoping it will be OK to get a readout on the rollers in 3rd.

Bob confirmed the engine was running beautifully and performing very well indeed. Rolling road is on Saturday so time will tell!

Will be going back to Bob ASAP to the ALS and LC set up and finish the wideband control.