View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member

Went really well. One of the best I have been to but I would say as I own a P1.

123 P1s listed & 117 turned up along with other clubs including Type R, WR1 Club RB320's and many more.

I was lucky as the main organizer (Dave) had a dedicated spot for my car which was a real honor as there were so many nice examples in attendance. That made me realize a lot.

It was extra cool for me as I have more mates online in the P1 club than anywhere (30ish) and only met 2 of them. Despite the P1 getting mad attention it was meeting the guys that was the cool bit.

At 12.00 it was arranged for a "sound off". Ten minutes to warm up then give it some for 30 seconds as a tribute to Prodrive & Staff attending.

Many guys in the P1 club knew I was going to give it some serious anti and before I knew it tripods & a wall of humans with camcorders etc.
Video was 1st of 5 blasts with 30 seconds in between Problem: everyone in the place heard the first one and the next thing I see from every angle resembles a football stadium emptying... omg it was a bit mad really.
I had promised another P1 driver I would give him a blast in the thing, so it was arranged for him to jump in, belt up and then creeping the car through the people (50Mts) then give them a "setting 6" launch along the Prodrive straight.
It was mad, in all mirrors were people running with tripods & camcorders. At this point I am beginning to feel like Lewis fookin Hamilton" lol.
Anyway, I gave them a flat out jobbie the length of the straight, then on to seeing how big the passengers balls were

I have since read that 2 camcorders and 6 mobile phones had there microphones blown when filming, and all rendered useless. Destroyed something?

Had a great time.

(there is a load of pics & footage somewhere. I will find some & dump in here)