Thread: Engine options
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Cheers for the input guys, current plan is to get Steves 2.5 with his gearbox etc. I just need to decide what route to go with the heads...

Option 1 - get my V7 2.0 wrx heads refurbished (do they need work to make fit the 2.5?)
Option 2 - buy a second hand set of AVCS Sti heads (am I best with 2.0 or 2.5 versions?) and get a syvecs to run them?

Basically it comes down to if the 2.0 AVCS heads are a direct bolt on to the 2.5 block or do they need work to fit?

Cost wise option 2 is obviously more with the syvecs however the actual cost of the refurb or 2nd hand heads is basically the same, given that I'd need at least 1 ecutek remap at £200 or so the additional cost for the syvecs could well b e worth it. Would I need a running in map on Steve's engine if the heads are refurbished? Also anybody know how I can flush the oil from my turbo to get rid of any left over bits of engine?

I'm thinking of pulling the engine myself then sending the bits to a builder to get a long engine built for me to drop back in - any suggestions of who could do it reasonably locally for a reasonable price?
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter

Last edited by SpecB; 04-06-2010 at 12:02 PM.