Thread: Engine options
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
Well said Worzel.

I had some stick thrown at me on my Scooby Net P1 thread about the money issue and the fact that it needn't of cost what it did ??

I have the mechanical feel & understanding but do not have the knowledge to build cars or engines. Since owning the P1 I have probably learned more than ever before but I chose to leave the work to the guys that know what they are doing.

The way I look at it Steve is if a mechanic wanted a brochure designed & printed or maybe an inspection pit built into his garage floor they would use the likes of you & I.

Everyone is good at something.

Exactly Clive It does irritate me somewhat that people would give people like you grief for building a car like yours at RCM. I reckon it a case of "Sour Grapes making people Sour Whine" (d'ya like that play on words ) The monster that you have built needed RCM's professional know how, without any doubt at all. Good on you for sticking with it mate

This is why everyone does what they do for a living, because they are good at it. Professionals know 100% what they are doing and you also have a certain amount of comeback if it goes wrong (within reason)

I have the upmost respect for those that can do all of this work on their cars and get something good at the end of it. CJ is a prime example of this, he really is an example of giving it a go and usually coming up trumps. His plitter in Germany shows his stick at it attitude does work. With a bit of tinkering, his mark 2 amended splitter was just about there, by the time we get to mark 3, we'll all want one. I would never had even attempted it in the first place and just bought a bolt on job.