View Single Post
Old 25-06-2010, 10:22 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default Back into a JAP car again :)

Well gone at done it and scratching another very long itch. Picked up a very nice 03 S2000 last night, a great example with just 33K miles and FHSH.

Its like day and night in terms of how it drives compared turbo cars and most other machinery I have had in recent years. But its no less fun in fact more fun because its got the added advantage of a sublim chassis, handling and with the top down is an absolute hoot. Easy to see why is was top gears car for a few years.

The myth about no power below 6.5K is ********, its nippy quick below 6.5K and picks up really well after 6.5K all the way to a epic 9K+ The gearbox is just wonderful...

Its a proper little drivers sports car, that has enough power to deliver unlike MX5's.

With 240bhp on tap as standard is doesn't feel as quick as I thought it would, but reserve judgment on that. With no turbo and a Vtec engine it can make the pereception of power a little odd and make it feel slower that what it really is.

The Saab would leave it for dead in the performance stakes, but the saab is a performance freek of nature. With the S2000 you can have lots of fun driving it normally and within legal limits, which is what I was looking for.

The way it drives reminds me very much of my old RS1600I days.

Pics to follow once I have given it a good detail.

Once again I can't wait till the next time I drive it and I always want to take the long way home, which is something that I have only ever got from 2 seater convertible sports cars.