View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Nice Honda mate, I have driven my mates black one, first I thought it was gutless then he said why was I driving it like a pussy, he said rev the thing, this was prob 3 years ago and I still remember just what a great laugh it was, fook me they take some thrashing.The scoob looks bloomin good matey.
The S2000 is a very odd car, and has to be driven a few times before you understand it, and Im still coming to turns with it now.. Compared to modern machinery its not what i would call a v.quick car, and agree first reaction to getting in it - is blimey its slow. But its more about the experience than outright performance. That said drive it like you stole it and its very rewarding and would keep pace with most things, and in the twisties its sublim. I have timed the car on familier roads at certain speed points and its very close to allot of other cars I have had including the M3. The car traps a quarter mile as standard in around 14 secs which isn't too shabby and hardly slow.

The thrill is with is handling and high reving engine. Find some twisities line up the corners and keep the thing between 7-9k rpm and there is nothing IMO that can put a smile on your face more.

And a different thrill again is when just pootling around with top top and just go through the gears with revs under 5K. In any other car driven like this it will just feel like you have got to your destination. In the S2000 you will have thoroughly enjoyed the drive.

I love them both and if I have to give one of them up - It would be a tough call...

I need to have a chat with Mr Moley and see what he can sort me out with regards a daul insurance policy and go from there.