View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Regular User

These are just my comments/observations from an outsider to the club, hope to make it as constructive as I can!

Trade stands - the one my car was on (Kudos) had a fair amount of sales, think Andy was happy anyway, I reckon it was the IQ pulling in the punters but thats just me bigging myself up haha! Could have done with a few more I suppose, maybe Saj at JPP might want a stand next year if he hasnt got any other prior arrangements? I heard that some traders didnt bother coming I dont know if thats true or not, but in future you could charge them say for example £20 non refundable pitch fee, so if they dont turn up you still have the money. If they really didnt make any money then you could always refund this at your discretion

The cafe was ok, they do an amazing choc cake! but bit disappointed they didnt have burgers, and it was a 20 mins wait for chips so didnt get any hot food. Although I know there were complaints about the burger van last year so not sure what else you guys coulda done! Maybe you could have had an ice cream man come along?

As for the show, I think its great value for money seeing as its a fiver to get entry and that includes the actual Bentley Museum and Grounds, I did speak to a couple of people that said they just walked straight through though, dont know if they slipped through the net?

Overall I enjoyed the day, the weather was great and great company too!

Some ideas for next time, maybe some sort of raffle, you get a ticket when you pay at the gate and the traders could donate something towards this, maybe also invite a magazine along to cover the event, were there awards at this one? Maybe have a peoples choice award for the car that the public most liked, ballots with the reg number in a box sort of thing just to get the public more involved?

Just my 2p but looking forward to next years, I love it that its 5 mins from my house! Keep up the good work all involved!