View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Crowman

Default Trip to JRM Today

Took the scoob down to JRM today
WOW what a set up and what a day.

I had recently fitted a set of BC coil overs to my classic, i had very very carefully made sure the camber bolts were marked and then refitted in exactly the same positions.

Well i have learnt so much today,and it goes to show that if you make any changes to your suspension, be it shocks, springs or just new bushes,then you will never in a million years get it set up correctly.

JRM themselves are a serious set up with an amazing skill set, i was looked after by Mark the workshop manager.
He asked what sort of driving i will be doing, wether i want track type settings, was i concerned about tyre wear etc etc.
The car was then booked in , which involves the car being checked for any marks, scratches, dents etc, you then sign to confirm its been visually checked.
Mark went through all his findings and what settings he has made and what the car feels like now.

The photos of the print outs clearly show just how very bad i had things set up.
I also have a minor issue with a couple of worn rear control arm bushes,but not causing an issue to worry about.
I have however decided to buy 4 x whiteline adjustable control arms which come complete with bushes,so i can have the rear camber slightly more agressive.

The end result is an amazing transformation, a huge grin on my face.

On the Ramps

Before

During

After

A few pics of the place