View Single Post
Old 20-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Great pictures...Treets....what happened to them, killed of by M&M's I expect.

I will get to this event one day......how does it compare on wow factor to the Festival of Speed ?
It has a surprisingly different feel. It covers a smaller area, so feels more crowded than the FOS. Because most are dressed in period clothing from forties to late sixties, you really do feel you have gone back in time. All the Revival support vehicles going around the site are period as well, so there is little to make you feel up to date.

I thought the cash machine was a nice touch, and the model being photographed was absolutely sixties in the way she moved about and posed.

It really was a fab event indeed. Only down side was most of the food/drink outlets seemed to just serve tea, hot chocolate, or "coffee" (very appropriate really). We only found one place that did cappuchino/latte. That is a very minor moan though. The range of vehicles on display was awesome, and the bikes and cars so loud!

And there was very little regard to "health and safety" which was a refreshing change at a public event!!