View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

A little bit more information for people....

- The stages are all based around the Aldershot/Fleet area, with the furthest south being in the Longmoor military land. The spectator stages are Warren, Yateley and Rushmoor Arena. Further stages are run at Longmoor and Ash, but these two are designated as non-spectator stages.

- Unlike a lot of other rallies, the event is divided into two categories - Tempest4 and Tempest2 (4wd and 2wd respectively). Rather than follow each other around the stages during the day, Tempest4 starts out in one location which Tempest2 starts somewhere completely different. This means the spectators can choose to focus on watching 4wd or 2wd cars as they please, and that both categories start in the morning at the same time on unused stages. This benefits the 2wd competitors as they don't end up starting/finishing later, plus is means everyone has an equal share of driving on cut-up stages from earlier runs.

- Stages typically start at 9am and finish by 5:30pm. Last years final stages all ended in the dark.

- Last year I spectated from both Longmoor and Ash (for free) although if we are forming a large group then it might be better to head for Warren or Yateley. There are certainly no spectator facilities (parking/toilets/food etc) at either Longmoor or Ash.

- Car sharing recommended to reduce costs for everyone and parking spaces used. I'll be driving up early in the morning and happy to take a car full. If folks from Hastings way prefer to stay in the local Holiday Inn, we'll meet up with you in the morning (i know its a good 2hrs or so from Hastings to Aldershot).

- This years stage running order/times are still to be confirmed by the organisers.

And a few quick photos from last year...