View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtiteen View Post
Unfortunately by driving like a cock you're hugely increasing the risk of killing someone. I think from reading it, it was as much the guys attitude that got him the jail sentence.

(just thinking how amusing it would be if I got the 3 points now!!!!!!!.... see my speed camera thread lol)
Agreed. But it isn't actually "killing" someone. No one died. Killing someone should have a universal across the board upper and lower punishment lesser than driving like a cock and not actually killing someone.
If you don't give a cr@p and your attitude shows it, sure the judge should give you the upper limit for not actually but possibly killing someone. However, saying you're sorry and being repentant shouldn't get you off.
How are you/we all going to feel if you get a 1 week ban and a 3 month jail term for a speeding camera??
Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning a 3 minute chase at 140mph swerving through traffic in the slightest. But if they are going to get that, pedos and murderers should get a proportionate punishment yes? You can't have one rule for pedos and a greater rule for speeders! Baser hit it on the head - the system is f'ked!
I think they should bring back corporal punishment now that DNA evidence is 100%.
Let's get that in the mix.