View Single Post
Old 24-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Bronze Member

Good luck, I may well see you at a few events this year. I have been sprinting for the last 2 years in a Civic Type R and then an S2000. Going 4WD for the first time this year although I am running as standard.

Just something to be aware of on the tyre front is that I believe 1b tyres will not be allowed in roadgoing classes after 2011. They were brought in for 2010 by mistake and they are looking to phase them out again, but have left them for this year as not to annoy those who bought them for 2010 who still have a good amount of rubber left to use. Caterham/Westfield owners were annoyed that their cars were supplied with 1b tyres yet to compete they had to 'downgrade' to 1a. When they ammended the rules to allow the Caterham style classes to run 1b they didnt specify it was just for that class alone. Unless you already have the 888's, it might save you a bit of cash!

Meant to add you could run in the modified class as you are as an alternative to trying to get it back on an eligible condition for roadgoing.

Last edited by rossmarts; 24-02-2011 at 07:22 PM.