Thread: Blow by maf
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Default Re: Blow by maf

The WRX 02 ECU has an inbuilt limit of 300g/s for the MAF airflow.
This is not a limit of the MAF but a limit set by the ECU code.
If you try to put a value in >300g/s it defaults back to 300g/s.

The MAF can run more Air then 300g/s and to do this there need to be a workaround applied in the ECU Map.

With a TD05-20G you will be beyond the 300g/s limit, so a workaround needs to be applied and hence should of been applied in your case..

I'm not sure how ECUTEK do this but with Opensource you half scale all the maps that use engine load calculations, half the injector scaler then 1/2 all the MAF values i.e 300g/s becomes 150g/s.
Because you have 1/2'd the injector scaler, the ECU injects twice as much fuel for the load. Therefore you are back where you started i.e injects the correct fuel vs load.
But as the MAF values have been 1/2'd you can set them higher i.e 160g/s is actually 320g/s
The MAF can then be set to run with more air and hence 'MORE BOOST'.

I first done this on duekboys car, although I don't think we ever went over 300g/s, something like 297g/s. But worth doing as was so close.

There is also a voltage limit set for the MAF that will throw a CEL if this limit is breached.
IIRC this is about 4.5V as standard , so it maybe a case that this limit needs to be raised a little higher then it was set at the last remeap, when the air is more dense i.e cold/damp days.

It may be worth logging what the MAF voltage is, and it may be possible to download the map (not sure if ECUTEK put a block on that too), to see what the warning levels are set too.

TBH it's an easy thing to forget to set/reset amongst all the other changes that go on during a remap.